This article is about the Wiggly Friend. You may be looking for the song.
Henry the Octopus is a fun-loving octopus who lives under the sea and likes to make music with his Underwater Big Band. He also likes to dance and spin around. He is the main protagonist and star of his own segment, a major character in all of The Wiggles videos, a supporting character in the first series, a recurring character in the second series and one of the main characters of the rest of the TV seasons. He also has a minor role in Seasons 7-8.
Henry likes to sing and to dance with his eight legs. He is said to have a bubbly personality and loves a good joke.
According to Anthony in Everybody Clap! Everybody Sing!, Henry was named after Tony Henry.
Even though at many times he is voiced by Paul Paddick after 2006, he is still occasionally voiced by Jeff.
He was introduced in 1992, appearing on the song Henry the Octopus from Here Comes a Song.
- Henry was created by Jeff.
- Paul Field played Henry in 1992, then Anthony played him. After that Jeff took over the role, then Henry was occasionally played by Paul Paddick, who has voiced him in most albums and videos recently.
- Jeff played Henry in Taking Off, In the songs (Everybody's Here) and (Get Ready To Wiggle).
- Henry doesn't talk that much.
- Henry is not seen in The Wiggles Go Bananas!
- Henry is named after Tony Henry who was with Jeff Fatt & Anthony Field in The Cockroaches as told by Anthony and Jeff in Everybody Clap! Everybody Sing! Documentary.
- Two of Henry's favorite instruments included a Tambourine, and mostly the Red Starry Keyboard.